Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Alan Sparhawk sighting


Last week I was working away at my desk when the phone rang. It was Al Sparhawk. I could barely hear his voice because as usual there was heavy road noise in the background, he was once again on tour. I did not have to ask about where, he told me. Vermont, and he needed to find a good place to eat and since I had lived there for so long could I give him some beta? I sent him to the Alchemist in Waterbury, VT. He called back and said he loved it. Must be a welcome relief to get some good advice on food while on the road, as I am sure there is plenty of bad food to be had. On another note the new LOW Documentary You May need a Murderer is on Pitchfork right now and is extremely good. The photography is beautiful as is the editing and the flow of the overall film. I thought it did a pretty good job capturing both Al and Mim. Maybe the only thing it really missed was Al's humor, after all Al is certainly not all doom and gloom and his happy funny side is awesome. Who knows, maybe that is what we captured in Cross Country with the Snakes. Oh. As "food eater" has pointed out as well I grabbed this post from Switchblade Comb. Knowing the local Deelooth population has many a great photographer around it might be that Food eater took this shot, not sure who food eater is though so I cant grace the credit...

1 comment:

Fun Food Eater said...

nice pic...

:-)