Monday, November 03, 2008

Day one at Banff


So yesterday I made the long trip to Banff, Alberta. No hitches in the system, just a long ride to Calgary and then another long ride to to the Banff Center or as the Canadians say "centre". Man do I miss Canada. The people, the attitude, the insane outdoors opportunities. Margaret and I have had a pretty long and sustained love affair with with Canada. It might be wilderness paddling in Ontario or Manitoba. It might be hiking, sea kayaking or skiing in Quebec or powder skiing in British Columbia, whatever it is we always have an above average time here and I am super happy to be back. However, even though I thought I might be free of the election mania in the states, I was wrong, it would seem that whole world is holding its breath. Thankfully, I voted absentee!

No comments: