Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Tunnel Mountain



Today was a day learning about the Banff Center and Banff itself. I did alot of the tourist stuff as it was a small day at the center. The first thing I did was run up Tunnel Mountain
and then into Banff itself. The view from Tunnel is awesome, it looks to be one of the basic things you do while in Banff. The trail is well worn and looks like a superhighway but the view waiting at the small summit is pretty awesome, especially now that the Canadian Rockies are cloaked in snow. No wonder I am starting to have ski dreams again, it is in my DNA I think, to want that glide, to shed friction and play with gravity again. I think a run up Tunnel will be a daily morning affirmation.
Banff itself is pretty cool. Something about Canadian ski towns versus American. They certainly have thier glitz and glam but somehow they still seem to retain a soul.

1 comment:

samh said...

> it is in my DNA I think, to want that glide, to shed friction and play with gravity again

Amen brother. My new Prior splitboard is absolutely burnin' a hole in the carpet in my room just awaitin' to start skinnin'!