Friday, March 16, 2012

Final Day at Chester Bowl: 2012

Look!  Jimmy's gonna case it!

City work, city water, city fun

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

Ice Cream headache.....

Still Ice Cream Headache!!!!!!
I find core ski culture when I least expect it.  I spent ALL of last Saturday skiing with Marg and Tae at Spirit Mountain.  A fairly major change after coming off the powder fields of BC let me tell you.  On Sunday we opted to check out the last day of Chester Bowl, a small kids hill, literally in the middle of Duluth.  This place is a true gem and the access it gives to kids and skiing is remarkable no matter where you are (west or east).  I loved the fact that at the end of the day, they pulled out a fire hose, spilled in a ton of water to create a pond so the kids could skim.  This is the city.  City water, city ski hill and city ability to let kids be kids.... thank god there are still places like this left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey my Sophie was there!!! Her boots are still wet!!! I love your photos...
Hugs,
Charlie Farrow