Monday, May 14, 2012

Ruttgers Resort a mountain biking families paradise : Cuyuna 2012

Ah the shuffle board games of my youth!

Tae was stoked, they gave him xtra cherries!

Bonfires and campfire songs
Marg, Tae and I had a unique opportunity to stay at Ruttgers Resort this weekend for Mothers Day.  Margarets mother has a place in Brainerd so most times we visit the region we stay there.  However, events transpired and we had a chance, thanks to Chris Ruttger to check out a night at the Resort.

What a treat.  As a young sales rep living in Vermont I worked frequently with a resort called Smugglers Notch.  Smuggs styled itself as a "family" resort.  At the time I was single, kidless and have to be honest I had no idea what the heck a family resort really was.  I mean I knew in theory but not in practice!  Well after a night at Ruttgers I got it.  It is a parenting utopia.  You stay in a nice clean and centrally located cabin or room.  You can walk down to the waterfront and they have tons of activities, the food, the bar the swimming pool are all there.  Basically show up and let the kid run free.  The fact that now you can also add in world class off road cycling only makes this place even more enticing.  I would certainly say that if your a family of mountain bikers, Ruttgers would be a killer place to spend some time this summer....Thanks to Chris for having us!

No comments: