Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Annual Copper Harbor Birthday Ride 2012

Endless miles of beaches to explore

Push or pedal, the rocks decide

Yup that is open lake out there and yup the water is warm!

Easy going on Keystone

Rock art

Some typical Keweenaw two track

Club fat bike med
Every year I do my birthday ride in Copper Harbor.  In the past it has been single track.  Mile for every year etc.  Pretty typical scenario.  However this year I wanted to change it up.  So I went for a Trad Ride.  Traditional in the fact that it was more of a tour on multiple types of trails and surfaces.  I think I nailed it all.  Gravel, pavement, sand (both white and black), Cobble and of course single track, two track and road.  I chose the Pug for this ride and I was stoked I did.

My tour basically took me around the tip of the Keweenaw from Copper Harbor.  I hit pristine beaches and super thrashed ATV trails.  Saw raw Lake Superior wilds and also inland lakes and I ended the ride by hitting the Copper Harbor Trails for the home run.  Bullwinkle to Garden Brook and home.  I had to cut my overall goal short because I was swimming so much!  I swam at least five times.  The water was so warm in the Lake that I just had to do it, I had to grab onto that last gasp of summer and lounge in its exit.

1 comment:

Vito said...

Oh boy!!! I have to get up there and ride. It's been three years since my last trip to the UP. That was for the Ore to Shore race. Must get the Pugsley up there:)

As always...Thanks for sharing:)