Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Crazy times: A small glimpse of my insane routine


Wow.  Its only been a week since my last post about the big Fat Bike tour.

Seems like a month!

Not a huge grand slam of a post here.  As the earth hurtles towards summer things are getting back to beyond busy.

CORBA
                             
It started out with a big meeting in Eau Claire, WI with CORBA.  Great crew and I am super stoked to have them on board with the IMBA Chapter Program.

Best friends

Tall tales, smiles and 70's decor!

 I rolled from there and went north.  Marg and Tae were staying with the Salmela's at the Telemark Lodge in Cable.  This has become a bit of a tradition.  Birkie week excitement at bargain prices.  Granted Telemark Lodge has been better days, but also then again we have a bunch of crazy kids that are good at destroying things! So it works out.

Nice to see a place that keeps their trails nice!


Wednesday I had a great meeting with Ron Bergin of CAMBA (and Cross Country Skier Mag) and then we headed out the door to ski the killer new single track Classic Trail at the North End.  Amazing trail, could have been one of the best skis I had of the season.  Cold, dry and fun.  That night we headed to the Ideal Market and had some GOOD pizza as usual and saw a bunch of old friends!

Braapp!!!!

The kid eye view must be astounding!
Thursday morning I was able to spend with Tae and Margaret at the Barnebirkie.  What an awesome event.  900 kids and their parents!  What a spectacle, it was like March of the Penguins in neon!  Tae had a gas and then I bolted for the car.

I blasted home in time to catch the COGGS Reveal the Path event and say hi to the folks I miss the most, the people in my home town!  Both showings were packed and it was fun to see the good COGGS energy in force.  Then it was home to pack!

Darth Gaddo
Friday morning I got up early, took Tae to school then met Karl from Trek for a great meeting.  Pow, it was then off to Frostbike.  A great event filled with meetings with MORC folks, industry folks and just plain saying hi to old friends.  Luckily the Loppet and Wirth Trails were being groomed every morning so I also managed to get some really fun, fast skate skiing before standing in the trade show!

Whew, funny thing is that this week is even busier........

One on One 

Handsome Cycles

No comments: